Friday, June 4, 2010

So excited to be here!

Being in Saint John has been so great this past month! The contact with friends and family has increased immensely and its nice to drop in at my parents or go for walks with my good friend Aleisha.

Last night mom and I and the girls went to Costco here in Saint John for the first time. It is wild!!! So many people and SO MUCH STUFF!! I can see why people spend hundreds of dollars every time they go there. Mom and I committed that our visit there last night was only just that: a visit. So we spent very little money (other than a bit of birthday money I had been given that was burning a hole in my pocket.) I got some nice shirts and a black fleece zip-up. The girls got some jammies and we got just a couple of grocery items. I will be going back I think, but definitely with a plan.... that place is dangerous!!!

I started keeping a journal for each of the girls that includes entries of everyday events and thoughts that I have about them, things that they say, etc. I have found it has made the world of difference for me. With some of the things I wrote about in my last blog entry (nie nie dialogues, book: Contentment, Inspiring Insights for LDS Mothers), this journal keeping has enlightened me and been very satisying. I think it has brought me closer to God as a mother, appreciating the children he has given me and all they mean to me. I highly recommend this journal writing experience because it's wonderful. I haven't bound myself to writing every single day as that can get discouraging if I don't do keep up. But I do it whenever I find the opportunity. Last night I had a flood of thoughts about Ada and it was wonderful. Children are amazing and so many things they do are sweet and worth remembering.

1 comment:

  1. how I love Costco...could easily spend a thousand dollars there...that's why I tend to avoid it!

    ReplyDelete