Thursday, June 17, 2010

molasses and me

Well... it's just one of those lets-stay-in-all-day-cause-it's-raining-and-Mia-has-a-runny-nose-and-I-don't-feel-like-going-out-anyways days! And frankly I don't mind those days. Sometimes I get going doing too much and don't take time just to be home and do "stuff".

In my life, molasses and butter on homemade bread could be closely comparable to chocolate. I LOVE it! We had some today on the loaf of bread I made last night and I had left the molasses unattended on the table... top off. Well, while I was working on a little project on the computer, the girls were making themselves at home to the loaf of bread I made. Mia tried to enter the Guiness Book of Records for the most plastic baby spoons put through the hole of a carton of molasses. Thats right... I came out to the kitchen to find her stuffing spoons into the hole. I just had to laugh....laugh and laugh!So funny. And as I attempted to get all 7-10 spoons out of the sticky molasses I had to laugh some more. I guess what made it funnier was that it wasn't her first stunt of the day. Earlier she awoke from her nap and decided to pick at the poop in her diaper. Fortunately I got to her before it got too bad.

As I finished with the molasses stunt I turned around to find Ada with my sunglasses on and using a glasses case as a microphone... again I had to laugh!
It's just one of those days where you feel pretty content staying in and the wackiest things seem to happen and children begin crawling the walls and you. Ever been there??

No comments:

Post a Comment