Thursday, April 23, 2009

N.C. loves L.B.

This is a great big weekend for my family as we will see my little brother get married to his darling fiance, Lauren and we are just so happy for the both of them. Their's is an uncommon but not unheard-of story of: couple dates, boy goes on mission, girl waits, boy comes home, couple dates, couple gets married. It was funny because my mom and I would talk about them after Nath came home, "Are they going to get married? Whats going to happen?" But never did I really ask Nath or Lauren about it. Then I got the call on Christmas Day "Lauren and I are engaged!" Tears and joy! And when we picked up Lauren in Salisbury on our way through to Saint John on Boxing Day I felt as free as a bird to ask whatever question I wanted. I am thrilled for the both of them... they're so cute!


So Friday night we are staying at the Four Points by Sheraton in Halifax with Mom, Dad and Nath. We'll go swimming and hang out, helping Nath to enjoy his last night of bachelorhood! Saturday we are heading to the temple for the big day and it is supposed to be a BEAUTIFUL day!! Then I will head to Saint John with my parents and my girlies for a week of fun and preparation for the reception. Unfortunately, Jason does have to work and we are leaving him behind.... boo hoo! But he'll join us at the end of next week. We love you Jay!! XOXOXOXOXOX

This is Jay doing something that I refuse to due to it's disgusting nature. I won't mention what that might be! I post this great picture as a tribute to my man, my hero!

I also have to say that I love it when Ada wants to take pictures of her toys with our camera. It brings back memories of myself when I was a little girl and I got Ski Fun Barbie for Christmas. I brought her out to my Nanny's on Christmas Day, set her all up on the sledding hill in her ski gear looking ready for the slopes and got my Dad to take her picture. I think it's the funniest thing! Here is a picture that Ada had me take yesterday of her Lion King toys:



One more thing.... I recently purchased from my friend Kendra some baby shoes that she made herself and they are adorable (as seen below!) She is so talented! You can check her out on Etsy at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6714146

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your brother! That's awesome!

    And I love those little shoes! Alex's Mom ordered us a pair for our little guy (they're blue, not pink) & one of her car seat covers... she does such a great job!

    p.s. No baby yet, but the Doctor says he's 10 lbs now... YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are the cutest shoes!!

    ReplyDelete