Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Family Night



Every Monday night, for those of you who may not be aware, we hold a family night in our home which goes along with the counsel our church has given families to hold regular "Family Home Evenings". Jason and I decided it would be fun to have a family song that we sing at the beginning of every family night. So to the tune of "Twinkle Little Star" we sing:

Here we are on Monday Night
To fill our home with truth and light.
Prayer and song and Spirit too,
And we'll have a treat for you.
We're a family; choose the right!
Bring a smile 'cause it's our night!

Of course Ada loves the part we sing about the treat. It's so amazing to see her sing this song and to love Family Home Evening. She is great!
Well last night we decided to have Orange Julius for our treat. The recipe I found on the internet wasn't so great... I've had better. But it was edible and it was fun to eat them together. Mia is reaching the stage where she sees us drinking something and she thinks "I want to try that!" So last night I let her suck on my cup after I was done. I think she really enjoyed it... even if there was nothing there for her to taste.


Ada and the julius didn't hit it off so well but she did find that it was fun to play in the foam using her straw.

For our activity we decided to open up the dance floor and turn on "I like to move it" which became a family favorite, particularly for Ada, when we watched "Madagascar" last year. I have included a video here of her from back in the summer. She found she could really get the crowd going if she stuck her bum out and shook what her mama gave her... so cute!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I love your family song! I'm so excited to keep in touch with your blogs! Clark is doing the reaching thing too. The other night he was following my PB&J with his mouth. Pretty funny. We started him on rice cereal... he loves it! The video of Ada is so cute! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete